Camera stuck inside player no matter what

I am having a problem where the camera is stuck inside my character no matter what on my level. Upon starting a new level the camera works fine however, on my level the camera spawns inside the character and annoyingly cannot be changed. I’m getting seriously annoyed at this. Moving the camera or player does nothing. Same problem occurs if i set the game mode to FPS, camera spawns at the same position (Near the ground) if so.

If there is any advice to help me out I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Try uncheck “Do Collision Test” in the CameraBoom.

Not only does it still happen. But when I place the cube or sphere or anything from the default game stuff like so, it spawns halfway into the ground. Any recommendations for settings changes concerning landscape? (My whole map is built on a single landscape. I can provide photos of details for what I have in terms of settings if that will help.

Just tried it. The Camera is still stuck in the middle as shown in the picture unfortunately. Do you think it could be related to my ground/landscape?

I’d also like to note that the sphere or capsule in the blueprint appears stuck in the ground. I can’t move the capsule since it’s hard coded to be there.

Do you think it could be related to my ground/landscape?

Put the character over a cube. If it still happens, then it’s not related with the ground/landscape.

Try:

• RecreateLandscapeCollision console command;
  • setting the resize mode to “Resample” and then apply:

306526-1.jpg

Thank you for all your responses. Unfortunately this still didn’t work. Are there any pictures or information I can post to help you out or help solve this? I did exactly above and let it resample/reload.

Unfortunately I’m not that familiar with landscapes. All issues I had in the past, was solved by one of those 2 methods or by creating a new landscape.

It’s something to do with this ‘interact with grass’ layer in the character, right?

No. I was able to delete the interact with grass plugin from the character and the same problem still persists.

The camera spawns right where the blue arrow is.in between the legs. Moving the camera boom does nothing and moving the character up above the blue ground here in the blue print just makes it so the camera is stuck at the feet (Since the characters feet is now where the blue arrow is). I can’t zoom out ether or go to a third person view as it just starts in a first person view.

Have you tried creating a new character?

Yes. But every time I click play it just goes right back to the default UE4 Mannequin. I even reset all the default stuff to the mannequin from the original blue prints but the camera is still stuck where the crotch is no matter what. I deleted all of the stuff from the level and made a flat plane with lighting on the same level so there was nothing but just a box and a light. The camera was still stuck there.

Yes. But every time I click play it just goes right back to the default UE4 Mannequin. I even reset all the default stuff to the mannequin from the original blue prints but the camera is still stuck where the crotch is no matter what. I deleted all of the stuff from the level and made a flat plane with lighting on the same level so there was nothing but just a box and a light. The camera was still stuck there.

Solved by just taking everything from my level (Minus the foliage) and just pasting it into a new level.

1 Like

I know this is 2 years old but I spent hours and hours scouring google for an answer to my issue and nothing helped. Finally I found one video that mentioned adding an Event beginplay to your level blueprint and when i went to check, lo and behold I had a compile error with set view target with blend from something i didn’t even remember I’d done. I deleted the stuff from the blueprint and all is well. So hopefully this helps someone in the future!

3 Likes

Life saver

Ah you got me down the right path for this too! For me I had a level sequence that was set to Auto-play, but had errors in it but I didn’t notice as I’m not using it anymore. Turning off Auto-play (or just deleting the sequence) is the fix for me.