Camera stabilization - urgent help

hey i hope everyone doing great ! am not now been over 4 days trying to figur out how to fix this problem the clean and propper / effective way after all these days if found this dev vlog on the game star citzen Star Citizen: Around The Verse 3.8 – DE - YouTube
if u go to min 12.10 they had the same problem i have and he explains the soultion and its a bit too complicated for me idont know how to start with the IK and how to make a custom anim to controll it so anyone that would like to help me i would appricate it heres my discord : adlane#5051
heres other soultion but i dont know how to start or how to code PID :
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428284682619060235/712314916639342692/unknown.png

I find it a bit of an overkill to implement a PID for camera stabilisation but hey, whatever rocks that multi-million space boat! Is this a common method for something like this?

Here’s an example of a PID that stabilises a vector:

from this [thread][2].

Do note the engine has in-built springs that do a good enough job in most cases:

thank you i will see what i can do with the informations u given me i appreciate taking ur time to reply

everything @Everynone said
A free PID is available from @BoredEngineer, part of his excellent MMT plugin (download)

You could use it to stabilize a camera, certainly… this is advanced stuff though, lots of computation and I think the benefit (if any) might be marginal.

Honestly, I’d start with a simple camera and spring arm rig, attached to the hip bone of your character (or a position that doesn’t move around too much with animations). I think you can get very, very close to the look of your reference video, with this simple setup… using the following key spring arm settings:

**-length
-rotation lag
-position lag
-target offset

• socket offset**

I’ve read here from someone skilled, that the UE4 camera and spring arm programming is very well done and, for a couple of reasons, I believe it :slight_smile:

This, especially that camera lag settings are fully dynamic and can be adjusted on the fly if needed.