Camera Rinterp is stuttering and jittering

hi fellow devs :slight_smile: This seems so simple, but I’m having issues with the Rinterp below… it’s causing jitters.

The rinterp expects the current camera rotation as input, but you’re giving it the actor rotation…

@ClockworkOrange… thank you!

but… if so… I’m wondering how - as the pawn flying performs a loop - I can allow the camera to follow the pawn roll to +/- 180 and then smoothly Rlerp the camera roll down to zero. In other words, the camera would be upside down just temporarily and then smoothly roll itself to flat.

I’d like to use Rlerp instead of Lerp… because it’s a bit more flexible if the pawn flips through it’s pitch apex more than once.

I’ve been puzzling over this for ages and I haven’t yet found a way to feed in the roll into the system.

You can view the tick and interp as a constant correction.

All you need to do it feed it where the component/actor current is, and where you want it ro go to ( rotate to ).

So if you want it to follow the roll and then correct, just feed it the total roll figure, but then shortly afterwards, feed it the corrected figure :slight_smile:

Also, I think you still might have a bug there. You need to feed it current value and target value. In the piccy above you’re feeding it current, and current…

So flipping useful… thank you!

You are right about the bug… it should be Player Rotation (Pitch and Yaw with Roll zeroed)… though this of course won’t fix it. As you know, my issue was a basic misunderstanding of how Rinterp works.

With the understanding you’ve given me, I’m going to use Select Rotator to switch between Full Player Rotation and Zero Roll Player Rotation in the Rinterp Target. Right now I’m figuring out the best way to trigger this switch. Will post my progress in a day or two :slight_smile: