Camera not moving correctly on pause

Hi,

I am trying to move the camera while the game is paused.

I have a the following Pawn setup in an empty project.
I also have a PlayerController with “Should Perform Full Tick when Paused” set to true.

When running the game normally, I can change the spring arm length and the camera moves correctly.
When running the game in pause, I can still move and rotate the camera but the spring target arm lengh is not applied.

Regards,
Florian

EDIT: I replaced the spring arm with just a local offset and the problem persists. When scrolling the printed position changes, but the view point does not.

Does the pawn tick when paused also?

Yes, I checked tick when paused for the pawn and each components.
What is weird is that when I print the PlayerCameraManager->CameraLocation in the tick event of the Pawn, the camera position seems corrects and change when I scroll, even though the view point do not change.
When I get out of the pawn in the editor I can also see the camera and boon at the correct distance, but when I repossess, the view is still as if the arm length was zero.

Really not sure, honestly. Your picture didn’t come out, can you re-post that.

I removed the spring arm and the problem persists.

I made this pawn, and set the class to tick when paused. I can move the camera back and forth during pause:

Thank you for your time.
I just tried and it seems the issue comes from applying the pause in the BeginPlay or Possessed events.

When I trigger the pause outside of BeginPlay, the movement works but I sometimes have a weird blur when moving around.

That’s just plain weird…

Quite an old topic, but if anyone else is struggling with things not working correctly during pause, make sure “Should Perform Full Tick when Paused” setting is enabled in player controller:
And of course mentioned previously “Tick Even when Paused” also needs to be set to true.

1 Like

I had the same problem. You have to go to Project Settings and search for “Motion Blur” and turn it off.