Camera move to different points when pressed a button on the main menu.

So recently I’ve been inspired a lot by the game Squad. I’m trying to recreate something that I really liked on Squad’s main menu. There is a 3D background on the main menu, but when you press for example the options button, the camera goes to another location and rotation, and when you go back to the menu, the camera goes back to its original location. Each button has a different camera location. Any advice is appreciated :slight_smile:
My current Main Menu looks like this: Realtime Background Main Menu | Tutorial | Unreal Engine 4 - YouTube

Hello SkarnnerQ,

Quick look in google and I have found and answer for you. You could start with this video it did help me a lot.

This should be easy to do, just create a new map, design it how you like and then place your cameras around. Now switch to their location when widget button is pressed. I pretty much followed the video and it works just fine. In order to have this work with a widget you will have to run the code somewhere else then level blueprint.
I decided to go with creating a new actor with camera component and just placing them in the world, then getting all actors of class and looking for a specific tag, when found → move camera to new view. Better way would be probably just spawning the actors in the world the first time (since you going to know where they should be) to get a reference to it so it’s easier to call move camera function.

Got a little bit confused how to activate it with the widget OnClicked event (I still got a lot to learn on blueprints :P) I don’t know if i’m asking too much, but can you send me a screenshot? I’ve never used a Tag before, I’d be thankful a lot if you did, this is my third day trying to do that. So much headaches!

I can send you the screenshots of the setup I have, give me a few minutes.

This surely isn’t the best way of doing it but at least you can see how the node works. Ideally you want to get a reference to the camera you want to move on, but I haven’t played around with it that much yet.

This get’s all the actors and looks for one with tag 1 then shifts the camera over.

1 Like

I did it! I finally did it! I was having some trouble but then I noticed I didn’t changed my gamemode, now its working perfectly! Thank you so much, Don, now I can finally have a peaceful night! Thank you!