My question is on child objects (specifically cameras) inheriting rotation from roots.
So here’s the scenario:
- Using the flight blueprint, I have set up my own spaceship like controls (roll, pitch, yaw, speed)
- When I attach a camera in this ship’s blueprint and uncheck ‘use controller view rotation’, everything works fine.
- I want to blueprint the camera separately, so I have a separate blueprint for it (consisting of just a camera with ‘use controller view rotation’ unchecked)
- If I remove the camera, and attach a child actor to the spring arm, and set the child actor class to this component, the camera follows the position of the parent, but not the rotation.
- Adding to the strangeness of this scenario, if I remove the child actor altogether, there’s still a camera on the ship inheriting it’s position but not rotation.