Camera Fades to black as timer runs out

Hey all I’m pretty new to blueprinting and am in a bit of a pickle. I am currently trying to make a blueprint that would cause my screen to progressively fade to black as a timer counts down from 100 to 0. I currently have a timer set up that counts the seconds until they hit 0, then the game pauses - I’m going to use this to change to another level.
Basically, I want my logic to go - Timer 100 > Timer counts down > screen goes darker with each increment.
I’m not sure if I should use a Timeline for this and add it to my code or even how (I’m still pretty new to blueprinting) or if there is another way to do this. Please help!

Also if there is a way to reset the timer when you interact with an item in-game that would also be helpful information :slight_smile:

You could create a short LevelSequence with a fade track that fades to black, and then play it at the appropriate time from your blueprint.

You could slap a full screen widget with a black border, and have it animate its own opacity from 0 to 1 over time. You wouldn’t even need a timer for that.

Image from Gyazo

Or have the widget opacity driven by the existing timer.