Camera fade doesnt work if Tonemapper is disabled

If i disable tonemapper throught the console i cant see any of my camera fades. Quite annoying.

I guess if you have to work around it you could use a big monochrome black umg widget and animate the alpha in but that is quite annoying to have to set up all the logic for that in place of your existing camera fades.

yea…that would be horrible since im using also fades to communicate damage atm

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

This would be really slow as you’d be drawing a full-screen quad.

Camera fades are currently implemented in the tone mapper, so it only works with the tone mapper enabled. Furthermore, the tone mapper goes into gamma-only mode when sg.PostProcessQuality=0, which also disables camera fades.

What I did for one of my clients is to modify PostProcessTonemap.cpp, so that it doesn’t go into gamma-only mode even on the lowest quality settings (we needed vignettes, so I set that as the least-cost tone mapper instead). This will leave most tone mapper effects, such as blur, shadow tint, grain, bloom, dof, light shafts, color fringe, etc. disabled, but it still performs color LUT and and luminance adjustment. If you’re concerned about that, you can additionally modify PostProcessTonemap.usf, specifically TonemapCommonPS (or MainPS_ES2 on mobile) to comment out that logic and only perform the color scale.

So how do you fix this?