Camera Cuts are overexposed compared to look in viewport (UE5-01)

Hi,

I was working on a project in 4.27 and then upgraded the project to Early Access 5.0 and now 5.0.1.

I’m using Sequencer for animation. Autoexposure is turned off.

I have a scene in a room - there are no lights in the scene at all other than two point lights, so the room is quite dark in the viewport. There is no sun/sky, fog, etc. There is a post process vol in the scene set to infinite bounds but I haven’t really done anything with it yet.

There are two cameras that have been added to the scene from within Sequencer. The cameras have been positioned and then added as CameraCuts. But in the CameraCuts the scene seems quite over exposed. Like instead of being a darkish room, it is bright and looks like daylight.

When rendering to either .avi or .exr files the video/images look overexposed like in CameraCuts.

Anyone with any ideas would be great. Thanks

But the CameraCuts are overexposed.

Does it also look overexposed in runtime as well? Because that is the key in determining whether the issue is isolated to the sequencer or if there is a problem with the camera. In some cases it was the cinema cam causing the issue for me in the past so I just deleted it and added a new one to reset all of the settings.

I’ve had problems with Exposure too in the past because despite what I thought, it was still being activated somewhere in background. In case you haven’t already done so, Exposure has to also be disabled in the main settings or one thing will override another.

I had created a room back then like you and had point lights in it but I also wanted light from outside to be able to illuminate this room and take advantage of Lumens dynamic GI.

Everything worked out perfectly for me in terms of the effect, however I noticed that whenever I used the sequencer to render anything, the light was brighter in the sequencer and dimmer in the viewport. For a long time I assumed it was either a lumen bug or that my interior did not have thick enough walls, but in all actuality what had happened was that the exposure settings in my project were inconsistent across multiple sources. The sky was set to auto exposure while the post process volume was set to manual and then the main settings had it turned on as well INCLUDING the camera. So it can be tricky and I’ve found the simplest solution is to just have one source for this.

The camera Cut thing was happening to me too and what I figured out is that sometimes those previews are delayed and not always accurate to what the final thing will look like. Its this strange confusing thing and I’m not really sure how it got past the devs.

hi. thanks for replying - can I ask what you meant by:

"The sky was set to auto exposure while the post process volume was set to manual and then the main settings had it turned on as well INCLUDING the camera. "

What do you mean by including the camera? When dropping a camera into the scene I think the default settings are that autoexposure is off.

Thanks

Update

So installing the MovieRenderQueue plugin fixed the problem and seems to render what is in the viewport, even though the CameraCuts still look overexposed.