Camera Component Issues - Halp!

Hi friends! Hope this is the right area, first post here. Digging into ue4 post-college and having a really good time so far but I need help!

I am creating a simple multiplayer racing game to play over LAN with friends. I have a lot of simple (and glitchy lol) mechanics working and the game is playable over a network for 4 players. I have some pickups working like you’d see in mario kart or something. Player drives over them, they destroy and the player is given one of 5 pickup abilities. One of those abilities I’ve lovingly dubbed “Ortho Oof”, example below.

I am able to apply this temporary change to the player themselves but applying it to other players is where I run into issues. I think it has something to do with the way that the sedan reference is stored and passed to the “Set projection Mode” node. I don’t get any errors of course and the effect will not apply to the closest sedan blueprint.

The layout:
Player drives over pickup and receives Ortho Oof. Player uses ability and the closest sedan object is located within 10,000 units. That player’s chase camera then should have its projection mode temporarily changed from perspective to Orthographic. I think it makes for a hilarious attack on your closest friend xD Here is the code I have so far and an example of what it looks like: