Camera Actor spawning at the start of the game

I created new map, with standard Camera Actor (automatically posses player) and custom GameMode. The problem is - when I click Begin Play in PIE, I get automatically spawned additional Camera Actor.

(here we have vision in main window from my CameraActor, vision in small window is from automatically spawned, highlighted CameraActor. As we can say, the second one is useless).

How can I get rid of this second Camera Actor? I really have no use of it.

1 Like

I WANT TO KNOW THAT TOO!!! ;/

1 Like

That camera that is spawned at game start is used by the camera manager from what i’ve read. I ran into an issue where i needed a list of all cameras except that one, so i built an array of cameras using ‘get all actors of class’, but included only those that are not owned by the player camera manager.

i pressed the Delete key in the World Outliner on that CameraActor and a message came up saying the reference is CameraManager. So that CameraActor is belonging to CameraManager. If you use the node Owner in Blueprint you can get what spawned an object. I did a FindAllActorsOfClass and chose CameraActor. I got the reference to it and called Owner node and printed the result. The print was CameraManager as well. Cheers!

I am having this problem in 2018
UE 4.22.2

1 Like

It’s probably spawned by the PlayerCameraManager. You can specify your own PlayerCameraManager in your PlayerController. At BeginPlay for example in the PlayerCameraManager destroy the AnimCameraActor. This will probably cause some of the animation functionality etc to not work.

Tested in 4.27.1.