[SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System

And in which version of the engine do you render?
I did in version 4.24 and 4.23. They change very often and sometimes in newer ones everything will work out?

Delay next frame.
This is the delay between frames. Try 2-5 seconds, then after the screenshot, nothing happens for 2-5 seconds, all the cameras are deactivated, then a new frame starts and all the cameras are activated, a screenshot is taken, and so on.
This allows you to avoid loading the video card with a fast stream of frames.

My settings = 2 seconds, if 0,5 for 16384px (very big size) => engine crashed.

Hello, Iā€™m using 4.24.1 version. Change delay between frames is a good idea and a nice tool. You did a really great job. Me and my RTX graphic card thanks you. However, I canā€™t render picture beyond 8192 x 8192 px. UE crash each time I try to do more

Unfortunately, Yes, a lot depends on the engine and video card. In the future, I will think about implementing faster and less expensive rendering of heavy images, including Raytracing. Try again, RenderTarget 3000-4096 and specify 16384x8192. try different options.

**News 01/30/2020. Unreal Engine 4.22.2 Raytracing working for Camera 360. **

Video Full dynamicly raytracing shadows and reflections.
Camera 360 : https://youtu.be/JqpWKbZyb-c
Video Original: https://youtu.be/ky2oJd3cBes

The rendering was performed on RTX2080ti. Unfortunately, now rendering 360 raytracing is very demanding on hardware.

News 01/30/2020 Update 1.13 fix 5 returned.
Please close Epic Launcher and update camera 360.

After testing 360 stereo, I found some additional problems.
I will return Update 1.13 version. fix5. As I fix everything, I will send the updated correct stereo Update 1.13 fix 6.

Hello,I will try some more test but for now, itā€™s really good. I will tell you when it will be done.
Another thing: there is water in my scene with refraction setting. This refraction appears correctly on my screen but disapear with cam rec 360 export.Do you know if your program may be in conflict with the material refraction ? Iā€™m not sure because itā€™s a shader bought on the market, a complex cartoon shader
thanks a lot for your help, have a nice day

Hi!

Can you show an example image?
It seems to me that if a shader uses screen space, there will likely be a seam. This also applies to Fog and ScreenSpaceReflection. Since at different angles, the refraction will be different for each camera.
If, for example, you try to use Raytracing reflections, there may not be a seam, since there is an exact calculation of reflections in the direction of the camera.
Look at examples of 360 water rendering, these projects were issued as part of a sponsorship program. As you can see, somewhere it is difficult to notice the seams and there are breaks.

https://youtu.be/KU01Uy4n8wU Example 1
https://youtu.be/LyFImwdKqME - Example 2
https://youtu.be/JqpWKbZyb-c - Raytracing reflection and raytracing global illumination. This is a very difficult miscalculation and a heavy load.
But if for example only reflections are used, I think the load may not be very large.

Hey man i feel so angry with your plug in becaouse yo donā€™t explain how it works in your tutorials! i bought this yesterday becouse i need to finish this for my work in ASAP, and in the first moment when i put the first camera ā€œCamera_Point_360ā€ and after the second camera or preview ā€œCamera_Rec_360ā€ this doesnā€™t show me nothing! itā€™s in blackā€¦

Hello, see in attachment the picture showing this problem. When refraction is set to 2, all element concerned by it disapear at 360 export. With a set to 1, the render is fine to me but I wish add refraction. It works well in real time. See below the link to the creator tutorial :

The first thing to do as he say in this video: activate generate mesh distance fields and Post process: enabled with stencil

Hi, **JEMS Films **!
Try 1 tutorial for begin work - https://youtu.be/HXADxhSp0To
You need Press Play in your Editor.
All tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFbTU4_cn7lNWvh7_jjQwBbyOb_YGDcy1
Write me in the mail and I will be happy to help you.
Email me [EMAIL=ā€œā€]

Black, because the camera is activated when you click a simulation or Play button.
This is done specifically to remove the load. If you need you to see the result in the editor itself, click on the actor Camera Point 360 and Realtime in Editor = True

Step 2.

Chose Camera Rec 360 actor.

1. Aspect Ratio 2:1
  2. Quality Texture = 4096

Good afternoon, !

Do you have the opportunity to send me a scene so that I can see what can be done? Unfortunately, without this shader, itā€™s difficult for me to orient and help you.
My mail: Lenin62-@mail.ru
I remind you that all the projects that are sent to me, after help I delete, I do not keep your originals.

Why is the bottom 3rd of my render saving with black it looks fine in the buffer as it is being made ? looks like the bottom camera is missing - iā€™m pretty sure i just updated the version I am using and this scene is in 4.22 -again it looks totally fine as it is rendering - then the output got right for a sec - then it got all weird and glitchy

and

Good afternoon!
Can you remove and start the camera again?
Have you tried to run the project in version 4.23 or 4.24?

I already had this error, it was in the project or in the project settings.

Solution 1.

1. Open a new scene and try to render
  2. Try moving some content to your new scene and check the rendering.
  3. Try to remove all post processing?

Solution 2. Try using HighResShot system. Working?

We need to find a reason to understand why this is happening.
I would ask you to send a project to the mail , but maybe considering that many of the works are commercial, you may not be able to do this.

Please write to me by mail.

Hello

So did you ever see how to make it work with the Cut Track - everytime its in there the render doesnt work proberly for me - I just opened an older level I needed to re-render and spent 2 hours trying to debug cuz it would only render 1 frame in 360 before dropping back to the regular camera - once I killed the cut track it worked fine . I also donā€™t understand how it knows which camera to choose ? when you click active camera? what if you have 2 cameras in your sequencer ?
Couldnt you add a select in the plugin where you choose the camera you want ? that would be way less confusing -

Also what about adding presets to the sizes so you could select the render out size and it would change everything it needed to change - texture size - square or rec - experimental quality - all those things if they are not the same as what you are doing across your project will mess up your render and you really have no way of knowing till you open in After Effects or wherever and look at it which could be a few days later .
Iā€™m staring at 5 computers that i do Unreal renderings on and trying to keep track that i put all the right settings as I go thru 20-30 projects is challenging that i dont mess up cuz i forgot to change one or two settings -

the output with all setttings should be in one place - the texture sizes are gonna be 2048, 4096 and whatever the 7??? one is right ? its gotta be one of those so why make people remember what it is just add a preset that handles all the settings at once - they can still type it but seem a waste of key strokes and prone to messing up across multiple projects , what if I have dyslexia even for a moment or iā€™m thinking of some other number and I type it in wrong or swap the 96 -

Also what about adding any r.whatevers sharpening/supersambling extras to the plugin that you could just check on and add the amount you wanted to happen ? stuff like this or other editor commands that as an artist i have no idea how to use but can make your image sharper and crisper Screen Percentage with Temporal Upscale in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Also on the rec2d how does that even work with particles , wont they be in a different position ? as they are non-deterministic . Iā€™ve got alot of rendering issues for my movie but trying to rerender at 6k to see if it helps will send you a link to see what you can help me fix when done .

Hi, Arcane!

The response will be updated after each response.
Iā€™m sure this will help you in your work, now itā€™s very easy to do.
Now Camera 360 working + Camera Cut. Please see new tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHPKJRH7Uxw
As you can see, there can be a lot of cameras in the scene.

Camera Cut.

1. Please open your Master Sequence and Your Shot
  2. Added to your Shot - Camera Point 360 and Attach to your camera, and add Transform 0.0.0 for Camera Point 360 add key

1. Chose Camera Cut Track and Right Mouse = Locked.
    And check begin and End for Zone Attach Camera.

1. back to Master Sequence and check, Track Active.

When you click active camera?
What is the value Camera active?
The 360 camera is always active, but if you need to see how your sequence works without 360, you can uncheck this box and your standard camera will work. In other cases, the values can be left untouched.

Couldnt you add a select in the plugin where you choose the camera you want ? that would be way less confusing

I would like to do this automatically, but as it turned out it is problematic, while looking for a solution.
My experiments helped make this possible with only one camera, but if the cameras are different, there are problems. Iā€™m looking for a solution.
Example. Sequence Fight Scene. Camera 360 automatic all transform - https://youtu.be/b3VMr7So7XE

Therefore, the most accurate solution that will help you is adding Camera Point 360 to MasterSequencer and Camera Cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHPKJRH7Uxw

***Also what about adding presets to the sizes so you could select the render out size and it would change everything it needed to change - texture size - square or rec - experimental quality - all those things if they are not the same as what you are doing across your project will mess up your render and you really have no way of knowing till you open in After Effects or wherever and look at it which could be a few days later.
Iā€™m staring at 5 computers that i do Unreal renderings on and trying to keep track that i put all the right settings as I go thru 20-30 projects is challenging that i dont mess up cuz i forgot to change one or two settings ? ***

Previously, you had to manually correct the texture size. Itā€™s been a long time.

Now it is enough to change only the values. To get excellent quality, you need to specify values higher than 2048. For example, almost all projects specify 4096 values.

To get excellent quality, you need to specify values higher than 2048. For example, almost all projects specify 4096 values. But, if you need higher definition and your video is more than 4k-8k, you can set 5000, 6000, 7000, but this will require strong hardware.
You can experiment with the values and choose the best picture quality for you.

Please see chanle Unreal Angine Assets 360. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyFImwdKqME - all videos

I will think about the preset settings that would immediately remove seams in images. And if certain settings are still required in the project, make it possible to enable them.

I will think about the preset settings that would immediately remove the seams in the images. And if certain settings are still required in the project, make it possible to enable them.
Am right? For example, if you are adding a 360 camera to a project, you donā€™t need to spend time setting up the post process to avoid seams.

Also what about adding any r.whatevers sharpening/supersambling extras to the plugin that you could just check on and add the amount you wanted to happen ? stuff like this or other editor commands that as an artist i have no idea how to use but can make your image sharper and crisper https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/ā€¦age/index.html

Thank you very much for the information, I will read the documentation and check what is possible to use.

Also on the rec2d how does that even work with particles , wont they be in a different position ? as they are non-deterministic . Iā€™ve got alot of rendering issues for my movie but trying to rerender at 6k to see if it helps will send you a link to see what you can help me fix when done .

Maybe You have an example of a test scene with such particles so I can see the problem.
You can send an example to me by email **

English is not my native language, but I hope I answered your questions, if not, please write to me additionally.

Ok thanks for the response - I rarely use the master track so that adds another level of complexity and organization to my work but ok - the reason for being able to just pick the camera is I thought of a scenario - Say Iā€™ve made 3 seperate flythrus for the whole song - Iā€™ve animated alot of elements in the sequence and I want to render out each flythru in 360 - also my scene is heavy so I canā€™t get a great preview of it in realtime so I want to just export all 3 cameras for the full song and then deal with the edit in post . So immedietly Iā€™d have to create 3 seperate master tracks and 3 seperate camera sequences to make it work - ugggh thats alot of sequences to keep organized - I come from an After Effects world and it is so much less confusing - why does it have to be so complicated in Unreal ? (:

there are a bunch of r.tonemapper or r.texturestreaming blah blah blah that are hard to even find in the documentation as to what they do that Iā€™ve seen in archviz tutorials i feel improve rendering quality and only the most experienced users know what they do . If you could find out all the console variables that can be set to improve rendering quality and push into cinematic super-sampling and set it up in blueprints so everyone doesnt have to do it every time
I gueus they are called cVars like in this package Settings - AutoSettings Docs I didnt even know there was a bloom quality one until I just read it here - I would say most artists newbies and people using Unreal for Film production are not going to be to savy towards this stuff for awhile -

On the particle issue you can use any particle system - they are non deterministic , meanig if you run 3 times they will always be slightly different - so donā€™t you have to take a photo - rotate the camera and regenerate the scene and take next photo ? or do you just freeze the scene and rotate the camera in its frozen state ?

You can use standard sequenc. For example, make an attachment to each camera and specify it on the track. The main thing in Camera Cut is to make Locked. And all Transform 0.0.0 for Camera Point 360. Iā€™ll record a video lesson later.

This works just as well as the Master Sequencer.

Unreal Engine 4 is very diverse, I constantly study it and always learn something new. But some things are very difficult to do.

I will check everything and see what I can add. Itā€™s very good that You told me about this.

You use Camera Rec 2D ?
in this type of camera, I noticed that the image clarity and color quality are different, so Iā€™m still working on it. In the previous version of the camera, you had to manually make a lot of settings. Now the 360 image is obtained automatically.

This camera freezes the time, then the camera rotates, then a snapshot occurs, when all the rotations are completed, a 360 shot is taken, then the next frame begins.
But I would say Camera Rec 2D - experiment.

Please use Camera Rec 360 and Camera Point 360 (this camera Capture takes place in real time with 6 cameras. No time freeze.) This is the main camera with which you can get very high quality. https://youtu.be/HXADxhSp0To

**NEWS 02.21.2020. Soon Added new mode Stereo 360 Experimental. **

Recently, Iā€™ve been working on fixing seams in stereo 360. As it turned out, this is very difficult. There were many problems. Over time, I will try to improve this mode, but for now this is all that can be done.
The good news is that if you try and take into account some nuances, you can avoid seams. Camera360_NewStereoMode2.jpg

Two modes:
-Stereo 360-when you rotate the stereoscopic effect is lost, when you rotate 180 degrees, the image looks like inverted.It it seems that the left eye and the right eye have changed places, since this is a recorded video.

***360 Stereo (Experimental) ***
The problem with head rotation and inverted view is fixed, but there are other big problems, there are seams if the objects are very close to the camera.There are artifacts that I canā€™t fix. Therefore, to avoid them, you need to take everything into account.

What problems are there:

1. If the object is very close to the camera, seams appear;
  2. Artifacts in the camera crosslinking area, it is best to avoid textures that have a complex structure.

In this implementation, stereo 360 is not yet suitable for complex projects with many details.

***Example: ***
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xsā€¦5LGuaW-6sc76Jg
Previous version Stereo 360 video Cinematic Sequencer Fight Scene in 360 3D. Unreal Engine Assets 360. - YouTube
New Experimental mode Stereo 360 video Cinematic Sequencer Fight Scene in 360. New Stereo Mode. Unreal Engine Assets 360. - YouTube

NEWS 02.22.2020. Soon Added new mode Dome 180.

Dome180_mode.jpg

Example Video Mode : Camera 360. New Mode Dome 180 for Unreal Engine 4 - YouTube

NEWS 2 02.22.2020. Updated Camera Point 2D.
Creating automatic 360 image using a standard camera reduces the load on the video card. This camera should be used as a last resort.
Rendering takes longer than the main Camera Rec 360

Known issue:

1. In UE versions 4.23, 4.24, 1 frame is formed, or a frame shift occurs. I look for solutions.
  2. The color palette is different from the camera. Look for solutions. Be sure to adjust the color correction.
  3. This camera should be used as a last resort. Rendering takes longer than Camera Rec 360 actor.

Recommendations:

1. Image size for 6 cameras is 2500-3000 px.
  2. Image 360 = limit ~16340 px. Maybe crash UE4.
  3. There is also an automatic application of post-process settings to avoid seams. Please watch the video.
  4. Working Planar Reflection.

Example working camera 2D point