Calm - Quo House

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag BetterLightThanNever

Calm

Calm

Student Submission: Yes/No No

Credits to sourced content:

• Megascans (some meshes and materials), Dviz (some furniture, materials, and trees), pixabay (birds sounds), zapsplat (idle interior sounds), some furniture also from cgtrader as freebies.

insert screenshot of your project (in editor)

Optional

• Description
    Hi!, im Gerardo, an architect and also lover of the virtual production and videogames industry (hope someday i could work there) and i´ve been working with ue i think since my 2nd or 3rd semester of the carrer, , thats why i´ve work with baked GI in most of my projects, this project also has baked lighting but just for the skylight.
    When the challenge was anounce, i wanted to use new ue GI sistem (lumen), so even if my project was originally done for baked GI and was only using baked GI, i tried using lumen and the result is aweasome, from the small lightning reflection of the green leaves in the first cut to the orange-ish color in the private patio general cut, and as always using ue, the result is unreal.

Hope you like it!

• UE5 5.0.0
4 Likes

This is my favorite, love it. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks man!, sorry i couldnt reply just until now but it looks that the posts were blocked for replies, anyway, just knowing that one person liked my work, its enough for me, again, thanks!

1 Like

Looks very soothing :smiley: I really like how you designed your scene, but sometimes I found the walls a bit too… too empty you could say. Because of that, I lost a bit of the “Calm” feeling. Nevertheless I love the detail, the production quality and lighting you used! I would make the cam a bit slower to underline a timelapse.
Cool project!

thanks man!, I wanted to keep my design/scene as clean as possible, nothing more and nothing less, so I kept it with just the right amount of visual elements such as furniture, props, etc, and with the walls, because it was a scene to emphasize an architectural project, the walls needed to be clean/empty. With the camera movement, if I put it less frequency, the movement would not be noticed due to the timing of the cuts (3 seconds), Anyway, thanks for your advices man, ill keep it in mind, again thanks man!

1 Like

Fantastic work with the lighting and clean, uncluttered Zen like feeling to this whole piece.
Great work and super realistic.

1 Like