I have a custom weapon which on creation should call a function in the custom
game state to “register itself”, so the game state has it in a variable for quick
reference. After setting this up everything compiles fine. When starting a PIE
session, the editor crashes. From then on if anything attempts to touch any of
the assets involved, the editor crashes:
- Opening a map with the custom game state referenced.
- Opening the weapon class to edit.
- Opening any blueprint interface used in either of them.
Other things to note:
- I’m on 4.1.1 because even a working version crashes 4.2 on startup.
- Everything in the project is made with Blueprints.
- What matters is making the call. The class it’s called from or the data passed
seems to be irrelevant.
- The log is useless:
LogCrashTracker: LogWindows: === Critical error: === LogWindows: Fatal error! LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
Am I trying to use the GameState improperly?