Calling Event Tick for lots of nodes

Greetings, can i make anything like custom event but with lots of calls for different nodes to get rid of composites near Event Tick. I’ve tried Custom Event and dispatcher but they support only one call at a time.

Hey @anonymous_user_c73991fb. I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. What do you mean when you say you want to avoid composites near Tick? And why a custom event doesn’t work because it supports “one call at a time”?

i mean, i have lots of nodes which need Event Tick but i don’t want to have all of them near Event Tick, also i don’t to create customs events for each. I seek a way to make something like Custom Event but for all of them at a time.

In general having latent actions on frequently triggered events (such as tick) is a recipe for disaster, since the action that you start on the first trigger might not be done by the second time it’s triggered, therefore overwriting the first execution

Hmm, I believe the best solution in this case is to just create a custom event for every big action you want to execute on tick and just add a sequencer node right next to the tick and have each sequence step go into a specific custom event. I know this isn’t very different from what you already have, but there isn’t much of a way around the issue. The only thing I can think of that would be cleaner (at least in the blueprint view) would be to decompose your class that is running the tick into other smaller classes. These could be components or UObject, or even other actors (it really depends on your code and your requisites). Then in this “master” class you simply set up all the different components and each component will handle its own behavior (which should be a lot simpler). Of course, the downside of this is that you would need to create all of these different components and set them up, so it is up to you to decide if that would be better than just having a bunch of custom events on the tick of your original class.

Hope this helps

just a curiosity, i see there some macros for climbing and falling. Is this a 3D game? why you don’t have that functionality inside the AnimationBlueprints?

for example, it appears you are running the character animations on tick. I don’t get it.

can you share what you are trying to do?