Calling Blueprints in the Editor/Running Editor Utility Widget only work after clicking on viewport

Hello,

I am making few blueprint editor scripts but i am getting this weird behavior.

Calling Blueprints in the Editor and Running Editor Utility Widget only work after clicking on Editor Viewport first, or moving mouse over the selected actor on editor!

Lets say i want to select all static mesh actors and rotate them. If i click the button on the editor utility widget i see the result after i click first on the Viewport.

Yesterday at some point everything worked as intended. I clicked on the button and actors rotate instantly.

Today i opened the project and had the same problem.I run the script and have to click on Viewport to see the results.

Anyone else had this problem?

It appears that this problem occurs only on a VM in azure. At my laptop, both calling blueprints events in editor and running editor utility widgets, work as intended.

For future reference, perhaps try enabling ‘Realtime’ rendering via:
Viewport → Arrow (viewport options) → Realtime (see image below). Make sure that this option is checked and it will ensure widget animations, animated materials etc will play without being force to hover the mouse while over editor utility widgets.