NOTE: Since I started bringing the following idea to life a few months back, I have completed the first series for the channel! This series is a recreation of the Brackeys tutorial series, “How to make a Video Game in Unity,” for the Unreal Engine.
UPDATE: I have also now started a playlist of “One-offs” that you can find here.
I have used the Unreal Engine for 5 years now, and have worked on several different projects scaling from major fails to life changing successes. However, one thing I’ve noticed recently is, within the past two years or so, I hardly ever need to do any research to get things done. This means, no more hours wasted trying to figure out why my copy of that one tutorial I found on YouTube isn’t working in my game or asset!
This was a MAJOR discovery, and one that really made me feel like my 3-4 years of hard work leading up to this point were worth it. Then, it got me thinking:
What can I do to make these 4 years of self training quicker (or even obsolete) for beginners?
That question is why I am creating a YouTube channel dedicated to answering the questions of beginners… but there is one big problem. I HAVEN’T BEEN A BEGINNER FOR 4+ YEARS!
So, instead of acting like I know what questions you have and taking shots in the dark, I am asking for your wants and needs as a beginner with the Unreal Engine.
Please, ask away! Ask any questions you may have, no matter how silly you may think they are! I can almost guarantee, someone else wants to ask the same thing.
- I am very experienced with Unreal Engine Blueprint
- I have a solid understanding of the engine as a whole
- I have found creative and efficient strategies to design levels and prototype games
- I have a solid understanding of the game design process and mindset
- I am not a 3D modeler, rigger, or animator
- I do not know C++, C#, Java, Python, etc… basically blueprint is my strong-suit
- I drink too much caffeine
I’m Still Learning:
- The most efficient strategies for connecting Animation and Gameplay
- The best practices for creating AI
- Materials and Material Blueprinting
- The best practices for Lighting
- Multiplayer… oh multiplayer…
If this sounds interesting or helpful to you, a friend, or even if you just think it could help someone in the world, please subscribe to Vano Dev on YouTube! Let’s create a new way of learning the Unreal Engine that is quicker and easier than ever before!
PLEASE LEAVE ALL QUESTIONS AND IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS OF THIS POST OR IN THE COMMENTS OF ANY OF MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
What would you like to see me cover next? I am considering several ideas, the main few including: an FPS game series, a survival game series, and a few one-offs as well.
If you have any specific ideas that you would like to see me cover on the channel at some point, please let me know in the comments of this post, or in the comments of any of my YouTube videos!
Also, if you like what you see and would like to see more in the future, please support me by clicking any of the following links: