CAD File format export advice/Why does some of my geometry become infinite?

I’m working on Solidworks 2018 (any chance we can get 2018 support anytime soon? On my end at least, that’s probably the quickest workaround :)), and I’ve been having a lot of issues with meshes imported through Datasmith getting some crazy blown geometry when I try to set up LODs… At first I thought maybe I was being a bit too aggressive on the reduction settings, but after playing around a bit this afternoon, I don’t think that’s the case. FWIW, it seems to happen regardless of what stitching option I select on the import.

I was wondering if maybe exporting from Solidworks to a different file type would help… Can anyone elaborate as to the pros and cons of my various options here?

From Solidworks, I can save as ACIS, 3Dxml (not sure what version), CATIA (.cgr), IGES, parasolid, ProE/Creo, and step. There are several options within Solidworks when saving as ACIS, IGES, parasolid, and step, and I’m really not sure what impact all of them will have when I bring everything into UE4, but maybe someone here does?

Here’s a screenshot of my options when I’m saving in Solidworks, and a couple images to show what I’m talking about with the wacky geometry.

Any ideas what would be best combination of file format and export options?

Thanks so much!