Cable component constantly shakes

I have a cable component that i unhide for my grapple/swing but its so shaky when its being used. I update its end location in the tick to a socket in the characters hand. Is there a better way to do this where it would be less shaky?

Hi did you find a solution for this?

Hi @KiloLime

Not sure if any of these will help. But check that you have sufficient target length. Sufficent sub divisions along the cable as it works by spawning meshes along a spline point using particles as points. Also make sure collisions are set to off. Unless you need them but its a possibility it could be the issue colliding with your characters collision.

I may be way off but worth looking into

1 Like

What fixed this for me is in the advanced section for the cable details remove “Use Substepping” and reduce the “Substep Time” to 0.01. Also changing the material of the cable from Opaque to Translucent will help fix the transparency issue which occurs but the material will blur unnaturally when using motion blur you will need to tick “Output depth" or “Output depth and velocity” in the material, depending on which version of UE you’re on to fix that issue.