Cabin in a Meadow

One of my first Unreal Engine scenes! A cabin in a meadow. I think for only being 15 and just having learned the basics of the software, it looks pretty good. MedowHouse mk 2 - YouTube

3 Likes

Greetings @squashyboy13 !

We see this is your first time posting in our forums! Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Thank you for sharing your work with us! You’ve done a great job considering this is one of your first scenes! I really like the way the camera moves fluidly through the scene, the way the sun’s light reflects upon the flora, and the clean way the torches burn within the cabin. Your cabin is reminiscent of the inns seen in the game Skyrim.

Will you be adding any assets within the cabin? Is this an ongoing cinematic project or will you be moving on to other scenes? Also, what inspired you to create Cabin in a Meadow?

1 Like

I am not really sure what inspired me to create this but what I do know is that I might continue to add more to it. One thing that would be helpful to know is how to get rid of light flickering such as what you could see in the video. I was not able to find anything on how to fix it. But yes I do believe I will continue to add to the scene, just not right now since I am currently trying to learn some more things about the software.

2 Likes

This reminds me of my first house build in Valheim. Although yours looks much nicer than mine did :joy: I know you mentioned the light flickering being an issue but the wall sconces with fire are done super well. So gotta remember the small victories!

Sending you lots of support and encouragement. Hope to see your next project soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the support! :+1:

2 Likes