We have a 6-12 month contract opportunity in Orlando. This role is very important to this company so this opportunity has a strong possibility of going permanent or turning into a multiyear role. I have included the details below.
If this is something you are interested in, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and send an updated copy of your resume and the best time I can reach out to you to discuss this role in more detail. If you know of anyone who might be interested in a role like this, please pass this email on to them.
Have a great day!
Must have experience working with the C++ code within Unreal Engine. Experience only with Blueprints or Kismat is not acceptable.
Performs complex software engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures. Works closely with other engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. This position typically works with limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes functional requirements.
• Develops design concepts for software work products.
• Participates in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications.
• Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks).
• Develops software requirements, related design, and code.
• Performs software testing.
• Applies and maintains quality standards.
• Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
• Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
• Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables.
• Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products.
• Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
• Keeps abreast of improvements in programming techniques.
• Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets.
• Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
• Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience in developing multiplayer networked software is highly desired.
- Experience with development in game engines, Unreal Engine 4 is preferred.
- Experience with Agile development utilizing SCRUM Methodology.
- Comfortable with OOD and C++ 2011
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Proven 5- 10years experience developing software products.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, game development, software engineering or other related technical discipline.
- Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming.
- Requires proficiency using programming languages such as C/C++, C#, and understanding of network based multi user software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and team-oriented skills.
- Capability of mentoring less experienced software developers.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable.
- Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems.
- Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.**