C++ to help with Turn-based battle system JRPG

Hey guys. I’m a long time C++ programmer. I’ve been experimenting with Unreal Engine 4 for about three weeks, and while the engine is architected very well, I’m still finding it difficult to figure out all the different pieces which need to interact together to make what I want to happen.

So, what I’m trying to do is create a turn-based battle system very similar to Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I’ve started, and I have a couple support classes built, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. I’ve thought about Storing player party information in an array in a custom PlayerState, but I’m hoping this person can give me some solid ideas. I estimate about 20-30 hours of work here, helping me through the process. Thank you in advance!

The difference from the Lunar battle system is that there would be a radius indicator around the active character showing his movement range, and also the player should be able to spend their turn just moving (to move out of an upcoming AoE, for instance).

What I would like is for an experienced UE4 C++ programmer to Skype with me and talk with me through the problem. I understand that a lot of people are wary of that, as it’s easy to get what I want and then not pay. So, what I’m going to do is give you my information up front so you have a way to come back to me if I don’t hold up my end of the deal.

My LinkedIn profile:

My name is , I own Campfire Studios, LLC, and Richter Solutions, LLC, and I live at , USA. I know it’s risky giving you all this information about me, but that should show you just how much I really want to grasp this stuff quickly.

If you’re interested in helping, please e-mail your questions, rates, etc to

Still looking, guys. I need a very experienced UE4 C++ programmer.

Bump. Really still willing to pay someone to help with this.

I think you should pm

i sent you a message

I’m working with Envenger. We started working together today, and we’ve gotten some stuff done. I feel like I’ve already gotten different perspectives on a couple things already. So, it’s pretty good.

Everyone always has something else to offer or learn from, though, so if anyone else is interested, please message me. :slight_smile:

I’ve PM’d . I think he’s awfully busy to reply, though. :slight_smile:

Hi Nauritis, are you still looking for a dev? I’m a programmer who is interested in making RPGs. I’m pretty new to Unreal though I’d be willing to work through some things if you still need.

Sent you a PM