C++ taking forever to compile please help

Is the C++ Code for the third person character meant to take 15 minutes to compile? My computer is worth £800. This guy on Youtube compiled the code for the third person character and it took 30 seconds. Mine is way longer than that. And pretty much any C++ tutorial I see - when the person compiles the code it will take 20 - 40 times longer for the code to compile for me. Please help. I’m so fed up of this. There has always been a problem with my computer when it comes to programming. Even my IntelliSense for visual studio doesn’t work. Please though, if you have any idea on why my code takes forever to compile please let me know.

First of all - is this problem only with Unreal projects? Do you try compilation with for example WPF projects? Can you tell your PC params? The main points are HDD read/write speed, CPU, and RAM. Also it can be caused by background antivirus check and applications that monitor OS actions.

This has been answered in other posts.

You’re recompiling the engine code. Subclass the TPP Character instead.

Created a first person shooter template for c++, opened the project, opened the character script at the top right I right clicked the thing with that has the name of my project and pressed “build”. It took this person 5 minutes for the compile to complete, for me it has been more than 10 minutes and I haven’t seen any changes. The image shows the output log so far. Does any of it mean anything?

Okay that makes sense, but building still takes 10x longer for me than it should. I am curious if I have accidentally changed a setting or something. I Created a first person shooter template for c++, opened the project, opened the character script at the top right I right clicked the thing with that has the name of my project and pressed “build”. It took this person 5 minutes for the compile to complete, for me it has been more than 15 minutes and I haven’t seen any changes. The image shows the output log so far. Does any of it mean anything?