C++ Rope Plugin with Physics and Cutting - Bug Reports

The information on this page pertains to the following product:

I will be posting bug reports here. If you spot a problem with the product, please let me know.
Precision.Gaming@outlook.com

– Thread moved to ‘Marketplace’ –

Spline length of zero causes crash - Fixed

Scale not set by Collision_RC function for collision spheres that are positioned second from start and end - Fixed

[FONT=Times New Roman]Minor bug - possible engine bug - gives warning during cook - can be ignored.
The warning does not prevent a successful cook.
It is not just limited to my products. The bug also occurs in blank projects with a single constraint (created and set during construction time) added between two simulating physics bodies (mobility set to movable).

UATHelper: Cooking (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: PIE: Warning: attempting to create a joint between objects that are both static. No joint created.

Test project available here:

I have submitted an engine bug report and received a confirmation email. Snapshot of confirmation is available here:

In the tutorial map, the rope on the dragged mesh example does not cut properly - Fixed (new version added - see latest tutorial map)

The function AttachEnd_RC has a bool named immobilise. When set to true, it resulted in the third from last collision sphere being incorrectly constrained - Fixed

minimum unit length too large - fixed - reduce from 15.0 to 2.5

Rope component not destroying safely when level unloaded - Fixed - use the new function Destroy_RC with event endplay and event destroyed.
See tutorial project for more details or look inside the blueprints included in the plugin.

When the rope’s end is immobilised and then cut, the end shifts in position towards the start of the rope - fixed

Shrink function lifting cut sections when first spline has been shrunk to limit - fixed

Under some circumstances the old versions of the plugin fails to package - fixed
The error given was:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.26/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/RopeCutting/Source/RopeCutting/Public/RopeCuttingController.h(23) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.

If you experience this error, please update your plugin.

“Destroy_RC” function not working as intended for static rope variant - fixed as of plugin Version 6
“Destroy_RC” function not working as intended for Physics only rope variant - fixed as of plugin Version 6

Plugin version 6 has been submitted to the store and should be available for download as a free update wihtin the next couple of days.