C++ Integration with Bluprint for game optimization structured courses for learning

Hi people,

I’ve been working on my game and it requires a heavy load of multiple synchronous units combating in real time using only the blueprint visual editor. As I’ve made my way around the many posts and questions here, it has become very evident to use C++ classes alongside it to avoid processing bottle necking. I’m not the most familiar with the language but have a broad understanding of object-oriented programming using Java. Where are some resources in optimizing my game using C++ that’s also a broad scope learning path of C++ in unreal (preferably staying in 5.3.2 for now)?

Sounds like something that could be solved with the MASS framework perhaps.

You would need to follow a more generic tutorial about UE5 C++ first. There are plenty, and easy to find. But I’m not sure which to recommend as I have not followed one in years.

Then once you are familiar with UE5’s special flavor of C++, I would advise you to look at: Your First 60 Minutes with Mass | Tutorial

1 Like

This interview has some pretty good technical information how to handle large crowds. It’s not super in depth tech wise but the main ways of achieving the effect are described pretty well

It’s a starter point at least of a real world game example and not just a tech demo.

1 Like

Much Appreciated! This pushes me in the right direction for the crowd units. Will look up more dedicated tutorials on C++. Thank you!

Ah I remember seeing this tech demo. This is very close to what I want to implement. Great find thanks!