C# in UE

i really wanted to start programing in UE, idk which language to use, ik C++ is the default one, my friend said to that C# is without comparison the best one

how i use C# in UE? and which is the best?

1 Like

You can’t use C# in UE - it doesn’t support. There is some Python API, but it’s only editor tools only, so you can use only C++ for classic programming for game.
But, there is a Blueprint visual programming system, and it’s very powerful - you can make full Blueprint written game.

1 Like

You might be able to find some kind of plugin online that can interpret C# into C++ for Unreal Engine but I don’t reccommend it. C++ isn’t that bad. Unreal Engine actually handles the large majority of the heavy lifting for you, such as garbage collection. It’s actually very convenient to use and I’d reccommend taking the, like, hour to learn basic C++ and the Unreal Engine API (which, if you’re familiar with Blueprints, C++ uses mostly the same API).

I highly reccommend C++ over Blueprints if you have large and complex projects, as well as for input bindings, but otherwise, Blueprints aren’t that bad.

2 Likes
2 Likes

try this free plugin: https://github.com/bodong1987/UnrealSharp

try blue print. i have 2 month Unity experience.i feel there is no defference between C# and BP(it might because my C# knowledge sucks)