C++ created Perception Component crash editor

I create AI controller with UAIPerceptionComponent via C++. When I build project there are no any trouble with compilation. After that I create BP inherited from this AIController and try to tweak some values of Sense Config. But it fails because of engine crash. I’ve tried on empty project - same result. Please help!!! =-\

UPD: Creating AIController and attaching Perception Component to this controller via Blueprint Editor doesn’t cause this issue

UPD 2: Debugger says that ActualObjToChange is NULL (Engine\Source\Editor\PropertyEditor\Private\PropertyNode.cpp at 2400 line)

//// PerceptionTest.h

#pragma once

#include "AIController.h"
    #include "Perception/AIPerceptionSystem.h"
    #include "Perception/AIPerceptionComponent.h"
    #include "Perception/AISenseConfig_Sight.h"
    #include "PerceptionTest.generated.h"

/**
     */
    UCLASS()
    class MYPROJECT_API APerceptionTest : public AAIController
    {
    	GENERATED_BODY()

public:
    	APerceptionTest(const FObjectInitializer& ObjectInitializer);

UPROPERTY(VisibleDefaultsOnly, BlueprintReadOnly, Category = "Test")
    		UAIPerceptionComponent* PerceptionComp;

UPROPERTY(EditDefaultsOnly, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "Test")
    		UAISenseConfig_Sight* SightConfig;
    };

//// PerceptionTest.cpp

#include "MyProject.h"
    #include "PerceptionTest.h"

APerceptionTest::APerceptionTest(const FObjectInitializer& ObjectInitializer) : Super(ObjectInitializer)
    {
    	PerceptionComp = ObjectInitializer.CreateDefaultSubobject<UAIPerceptionComponent>(this, "Perception Comp");

SightConfig = CreateDefaultSubobject<UAISenseConfig_Sight>("Sight Sense");
    	PerceptionComp->ConfigureSense(*SightConfig);
    	PerceptionComp->SetDominantSense(SightConfig->GetSenseImplementation());
    	SightConfig->DetectionByAffiliation.bDetectEnemies = true;
    	SightConfig->DetectionByAffiliation.bDetectFriendlies = true;
    	SightConfig->DetectionByAffiliation.bDetectNeutrals = true;
    	SightConfig->PeripheralVisionAngleDegrees = 65.f;
    	SightConfig->SightRadius = 1000.f;
    	SightConfig->LoseSightRadius = 1500.f;

}

Can you show me the callstack?

@Bino Here you are

Tough to work out from here. This seems the most positive answer I could find Client crashes when i try to set values on my sight config in my AI controller BP - AI - Unreal Engine Forums

@Bino I’ll try this out, but I think this is very rough workaround. As I can understand, issue I described is UI related, not AI or Perception

Hey napolinkinpark3r-

I expereienced the crash you described and have submitted a report for investigation (UE-27729). The crash is tied to defining the UAISenseConfig_Sight in code. If you remove the lines related to UAISenseConfig_Sight and SightConfig from the .h and .cpp and instead set these values through the editor you should be able to avoid the crash.

Cheers

Doug Wilson

Thanks for reply, Doug.
I should add remark that crash caused not only by Sight Sense configuration, but by other senses too (Hearing, Damage etc).
Hope this issue will be fixed soon =-)

Hey napolinkinpark3r-

I found that this crash is fixed in 4.11 and is already included in the current 4.11 Preview 6 available on the Launcher. If you open a copy of your project in this version you should be able to use your current code setup without getting a crash.