C++ and Blueprints, Setting collision presets from code being overwritten by Blueprint

Hi there,
I have a quick question about blueprint interaction with C++ code.

I am following the Tom Looman C++ tutorial and at 57:00 he is changing the mesh collision settings with the following code:

MeshComp = CreateDefaultSubobject(TEXT(“MeshComp”));

MeshComp->SetCollisionResponseToChannel(ECC_Pawn, ECR_Ignore);

In the tutorial, he then navigates the the MeshComponent > Collision settings window and his reads Collision Presets: Custom and has the Pawn setting changed here. Mine says “Default” instead and I can’t seem to find a way to get the same results.

Reading some posts : Here and Here
Seem to suggest (and apologies if I am wrong on this) that the Blueprint is serialized, including its settings, after the C++ is run, so it will maintain its own settings that will overwrite any C++ constructor settings.

My questions are:

1. Do I understand this generally correctly?
  2. How can I reset the BP back to show the default C++ settings (someone suggested a little yellow arrow I can’t find and the link is dead)
  3. Anything else I am missing about this that is important to know? Am I making general sense?

I’ll post His example: (what I am expecting to see) with the Pawn setting changed to ignore.

and my output with the Default settings.
My Physics settings

I just wanted to add that I tried creating a new Blueprint object based on the same code but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Also, I am working in UE5 and the tutorial is old so perhaps it is an inconsistency here?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a noob question ( I am noob with Unreal)