Butterworth filter brokwen on UE 5.3

Hi,

I noticed that on version 5.3 of UE, the Butterworth filter no longer works. Reviewing the code, I believe that the curve baking, instead of increasing the samples, reduces them to a minimum and maximum.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that the Butterworth filter was available, anyway you either get the code from UE5.2 and rebuild the engine, or alternatively you export the animation in FBX, import it into UE5.2, use the Butterworth filter, export the animation and import it back into 5.3…annoying but it should give you the results you want.

There has GOT to be a better solution than “bounce to 5.2”. This is an essential animation cleanup filter, and 5.3 has been out in plenty of time to patch this.

1 Like

CurveEditorTools_Fix.zip (1.2 MB)

I solved by download the source code on branch ue5_main, copying the folder \Engine\Plugins\Editor\CurveEditorTools, i changed the branch on 5.3, i replaced the folder \Engine\Plugins\Editor\CurveEditorTools, built the engine. After i replaced the UE launcer version folder but i kept the file Binaries/UnrealEditor.modules. It contains the BuildId, otherwise when you start the Engine appears an error saying the plugins come from a different engine version