Bureau of Contacts

Hello everybody!
Wanna share some of screenshots of the current work with “Bureau of Contacts”, future PC co-op horror about paranormal in which the generative AI technologies drive the behaviour of the enemies.

If you like the genre, welcome to wishlist on Steam - Bureau of Contacts on Steam

3 Likes

Testing the reaction of generative AI-driven ghost to the provocation.

2 Likes

Hi there @AnnaMiroWin ! Welcome to posting with us here on the forums!

I’m a huge sucker for games like this. However, I will say I’m pleasantly surprised to see the more old time style with the name. For some reason by brain associated bureau with something like Men in Black.

Is the current ghost we see the only ghost model we will have at this time?

1 Like

Hi there @AnnaMiroWin,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far :slight_smile:

Just wanted to pop in and say the screenshots you included all look amazing. The environments seem so detailed and cohesive in style. Also, “reaction of generative AI-driven ghost to the provocation” sounds like something out of a gamers dream. So genuinely cool.

Hope to see more about this soon :smiley:

1 Like

I’m back and see questions and motivating words here) It’s so nice!

So far, there is one ghost model in the project, albeit with different configurations in appearance. This is because for now we are working more on the “brain” and different types of temperament… and yes, we plan to scale it all out to several visually different ghosts once we finish with the behavioral models.

On a past project we regularly published boring devlogs (text + pictures + sometimes technical videos). We were bored ourselves from that kind of content.

We reminded about that now, with this new project, and it’s happend that we decided show the future of the lobby in “Bureau of Contacts” in some kind of sketch format :slight_smile:

Yeah, the lobby in our horror game is not scary, but it is the only safe place in the game for relaxation between scary missions.

Another sketch-like devlog, which actually shows the work with light effects as one of the ways of psychological pressure on players. But we didn’t miss the opportunity to fool around here too.