I’ve had some time to take a look at this now and the system looks to be functioning as expected.
Some things to note:
- The default settings wont create much of a ‘bob’ when in the water volume.
- The ‘freezing’ is usually due to the ‘Fluid Friction’ value on your water volume being set too high. A value of zero will mean you don’t get any friction when moving through (and bobbing in) water, so wont freeze in place after a time.
- I found that the following settings made my character bob up and down nicely:
- Setting ‘Can Swim’ in your character’s movement component (nav agent props).
- Fluid Friction of water volume: 0.0
- Buoyancy of character: 1.4
I did find a minor bug with how collision is performed on water volumes, but that shouldn’t affect your bobbing much.
Hope this helps!