Bulding and Packing for Linux under Windows

Hello

I have a question I have to do to grab my game for Linux under Windows?

Or what do I need? Is there such a thing as an SDK for Steam?

Have a nice day

If I understand correctly you have to perform under the Linux then? I tried on the Wiki this under Windows and had no success.

Can I help someone?

Hello

I have now again carried out according to the instructions, then I will perform the GenerateProjectFiles.bat, as it is down here:

After you made sure that variable is set, regenerate UE4 project files (using GenerateProjectFiles.bat) and restart Visual Studio. After this, you should have “Linux” available among Win32/Win64 configurations, and you should be able to cross-compile for it.

but I can not find this anywhere. Can it be that this is only included in the source code from github?

Hey -

You are trying to compile for Linux using Windows, correct? Are you using the x86 toolchain or the ARM toolchain? Please let me know what steps you’ve taken already?

Cheers

I x86 toolchain installed and the system variable as specified under Control Panel angelegt.Aber I can not find the directory of the Unreal GenerateProjectFiles.bat.

Therefore, I had suspected it only in source code included from github, I have but it normally installed with the launcher and those charged by the unreal side.

Hey -

I want to first confirm your suspicion that yes, you do need to use the engine built from source. If you can have a GitHub account you can download the source code from the GitHub website (Epic Games · GitHub). If you do not have a GitHub account, that link will give you instructions on setting up the free account and associating it with your EpicGames account.

Once this has been done and you’ve downloaded the zip file for the source code you’ll want to run Setup.bat first, then follow the steps in the Compiling for Linux link serna01 provided.

Cheers

I get the following message in verifying the installation launcher

The Necessary prerequisites have failed to install. Error Code 23.
The error says that Windows Update is disabled or not up to date I have this checked and let through, the system is up to date.

and can not complete the installation.

Have a nice day

Hello

nobody an idea, somehow it does not want me.

Have a nice day

Hey -

Are you using the source version of the engine or binary version (from the Launcher)? If you are trying to cross-compile for Linux using a Windows machine you’ll need to build the engine from source on the Windows machine. Once you’ve done this you’ll need to run the editor using the Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor.exe. After creating the project using this engine version (not the engine from the Launcher) you should see Linux in the Solution Configuration drop down of Visual Stuido (usually shows Win64).

Hi. I really do not know what are you talking about because i am very new to the engine, but this is what i did to succesfully compile a project to linux. I hope it helps

First note that i am working under windows 10 and my unreal engine version is 4.10.1
i downloaded the engine and execute it from the launcher.

1. downloaded from https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine , in the linux section, the cross compiler toolchain
  2. unzipped the file and run the setup (windows batch) file. (The engine was closed as well as the launcher)
  3. it generated a txt file called OutputEnvVars with the variable name and value
  4. created the environment value, this pc,properties, advanced system settings,environment variables, under system variables, new, and pasted the values in the txt from the previous step
  5. run the launcher
  6. run the engine
  7. open the project
  8. file
  9. package project
  10. linux
  11. and it starts packaging in the directory that i selected