Built in Unreal with GDK source

Documentation says we need to get access and download gdk source code to do the development there.

I have downloaded Unreal 5.0.3(BuildVersionString":"5.0.3-20979098+++UE5+Release-5.0-Window) and then got the GDK source code from Epic Games

As soon as I copy the downloaded contents in Engine folder, my sample game starts giving error :

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named ‘XB1ZlibCompressionFormat’ in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the ‘ModuleRules’ type defined by Unreal Build Tool. MyProject C:\Users\Neha.Gangwar\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject_cwsdk_eos_ue5\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool 1

Could you please help with that? How to resolve this error?

Also, Is there a way to get the pre-built unreal 5 with gdk enabled?

Greetings @NehaGangwar !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Just so you’re aware, I’ve had to move this topic from Legacy - UDK Programming and UnrealScript to Getting Started - Installation & Setup. The Legacy forum is for programming that is no longer actively supported by Epic Games.

Please remember, when posting, be sure to review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space. Don’t worry. This happens a lot with members new to posting in the forums.

I wish you the best of luck with your build and a great and productive week!

'- Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator :smiley: