Building TC mods

After looking around for a bit and being unable to find the information, I have to ask.
What is the fundamental difference when making a normal and TC mod? I mean in terms of adding custom content and/or adjusting existing objects. Or is there none?

a normal mod is stackable, but you have to subclasse every blueprint you change
and ofc also need to fix the references or reparent stuff

in a TC you can just edit the orignal blueprint

but… cooking your first TC can take days…

Yes, you see, the part where I “edit the original” is one that I don’t understand. When you go to cook a mod, it prompts you to pick from one of the mod folders. So you still have to copy the files you want replaced into a mod folder. But then, are you obliged to keep the same naming system and folder structure, for the game to automatically understand what replaces what?

Because right now I am using a structure more convenient for myself for the mod I’m working on.

When cooking a TC mod, you only need to have a blank folder. And yes, you want to keep the names original.

May I ask if that means you can just keep the original files where they are, edit them there and then just cook an empty folder? Or, what is more likely, you still have to move the files into a folder (except a map since the latest update).

“May I ask if that means you can just keep the original files where they are, edit them there and then just cook an empty folder”

just like this :wink:

May I ask if that means you can just keep the original files where they are, edit them there and then just cook an empty folder? Or, what is more likely, you still have to move the files into a folder (except a map since the latest update).
[/QUOTE]

The way it works, is when you cook the TC, all files that have been changed will be cooked up. Modding is much faster when you are modding for a TC, but you lose alot of your stackability. So I wouldn’t recommend doing a TC unless it is absolutely necessary for you to achieve your goals.