Building Source Issues (VS 2019) / Text.cpp & chcp.com 65001 > NUL

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------

1>Creating makefile for UE4Editor (no existing makefile)

1>Building 8 actions with 16 processes...

1> [1/8] Module.Core.5_of_14.cpp

1>S:/UnrealEngine-4.25/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/Text.cpp(42): error C2375: 'FastDecimalFormat::Pow10': redefinition; different linkage

1> S:/UnrealEngine-4.25/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/FastDecimalFormat.cpp(715): note: see declaration of 'FastDecimalFormat::Pow10'

1>S:/UnrealEngine-4.25/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/Text.cpp(621): error C2065: 'Pow10': undeclared identifier

1>S:/UnrealEngine-4.25/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/Text.cpp(621): error C2568: '/': unable to resolve function overload

1> S:/UnrealEngine-4.25/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/Text.cpp(621): note: could be 'uint64 FastDecimalFormat::Pow10(const int32)'

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(46,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcp.com 65001 >NUL

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(46,5): error MSB3073: ..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.

1>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have seen some people say uninstall 2019 and install 2017 but that is not a good solution, there should be another way to resolve this.

Same issue here.

Same issue also for me

ProjectName property → NMaker → Include Search Path → Include Header directory Add

could you be more specific?

The line about chcp is just saying that the build batch job failed, that doesn’t really tell you anything. chcp is a windows command (in system32) just sets the code point of the terminal, in this case to UTF-8 (65001) so it can display unicode characters on the command line. There’s a second line to that error message if you look at the build output window, where it goes on to say that Buid.bat failed with error code (x). And that’s due to the previous errors you mentioned here.

I had trouble building the master branch myself - it found all the headers and I could browse/F12 to them, but certain members were not defined. I think master is just broken atm. Building from the ‘release’ branch worked for me. I didn’t try a specific 4.xx branch, just current release. PS I’m using VS 2019, seems to works fine.