Building new PC for Unreal Engine 4

Hello,

Me and my friend want to make a PC game, but we dont have good enough PC to handle the job.
So here is my question, Do we go for Intel or AMD? What kind of CPU, 4core 6core? 4790k? Xeon? we really dont know much about this so we need some help.
What about GPU? Do we need top of the line? or will a GTX970 do? Also what about RAM?

We have a budget of 2000USD.

I personally would recommend you to take a look at this thread: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?20643-Official-Hardware-Performance-Survey
There you can find many PC specs and how they run the UE4 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Its just that there is so many systems out there, and i asked alot of people for help on forums, but eveyone have different opinions.
Some say i should get the I7-4790k And some say i should get the Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3. Some say GPU dont really matter that much, while other say i can buy a GTX970 and i will be set for life.
All i want is a GOOD computer that can run Unreal Engine smooth and work fast.

Then i think about gaming, what if i buy a Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 and cant play games on it? like, an I74790k should be ALOT better in games than an Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 right?
My head is spinning lol

The i7-4790K is probably what you should get, it is the best CPU up to the point where you need $200 motherboards and DDR4 RAM. After doing lots of research, I ordered these parts for my new PC build:

My GPU is a little bit overkill, but it should perform amazingly in UE4.