Building "latest-preview" Under Linux

I was curious if anyone out there had gotten the engine building on Linux yet. I cloned the repo and swapped to the preview tag and managed to get a Makefile generating. (Their dependency detection via apt-get had some oddities I don’t entirely understand yet; I had to purge all libmono* packages and run GenerateProjectFile.sh again to get it to finish)

Since there’s no documentation (yet) I’m feeling a bit lost now. :slight_smile: I know that not all components (editor among other things) would build right now. Should I be trying to get specific componenet rolling in a more manual fashion or should running “make” from the top-level directory of the repo work? Currently when running just plain “make” I get this after a great deal of compiler/linker output:

Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 0.00 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.00 linking, 0.00 other
UBT execution time: 6.58 seconds
ERROR: UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'UE4Game' (platform: Linux, module info: /home/james/src/UnrealEngine/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/UE4Game/Debug/UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
make: *** [UE4Game] Error 1

I just subbed to the engine today, so I’m not at all familiar with it’s internals, tool-chain, or anything else yet. I couldn’t find anything in either the git repo or forum searching, so I do hope this is an actual issue/lack of documentation and not me missing something very basic with building the project. :slight_smile: