BuildGraph Installed Engine Build fails

When I attempt building the “Make Installed Build Win64” BuildGraph target the build fails on the “Compile UE4Editor Win64” step.

It’s failing because for some reason UnrealBuildTool gets rebuilt during that step but it obviously can’t replace the executable since UBT is running for that build process.

Is there a way to skip the UBT rebuilding step?
I looked at InstalledEngineBuild.xml but UBT is only mentioned as part of DDC groups.
I had WithDDC set to false already so I don’t know what else to try.

I’m using the 4.18 Github branch, everything worked fine back in 4.16.

Hi ,

Would it be possible to get the full command line that you were using to try to build the Engine? I just tried to create a local binary build of 4.18 from GitHub and it built successfully for me. When you mentioned that you were using the 4.18 branch, did you mean the release branch, or did you pull directly from the 4.18 branch?

Hi ,

I pulled directly from the 4.18 branch.
Here is the command line I’m using: M:cd M:\UnrealEngineEngine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT.bat BuildGraph ^-target - Pastebin.com

Hi ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I tried creating a local binary build of 4.18 using the command line that you provided, and the build completed successfully for me. Are you still having trouble with this?

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you for a while. Do you still need help with this issue? I will be marking this post as resolved for internal tracking purposes, but please feel free to add a comment with any more information that you may have in order to re-open the post.