Build Paths - Many Maps

Not sure if I’m doing this correct but I have 50 maps in the game. Now if I say load 5 maps and do a test in the editor inside those including a build of paths (press P shows paths built) and then I save the maps then unload them and then load say another 5 maps and repeat if I unload the recently loaded 5 maps and reload the first maps I find that the Build Paths for the 2nd batch of 5 maps means I’ve lost the path build for the first set of maps e.g. when I Press P to show paths built they are no longer present.

I can not load all 50 maps and build paths for them as its too big so my question how do I build paths for all 50 maps and ensure I have paths built for all 50 maps.

Thanks.

H

What makes you think the paths are not still built?

Hm… There’s a few places you can play with the navigation settings…

1. “Project Settings > Engine > Navigation System > Auto Create Navigation Data (On) / Initial Building Locked (Off)”…
  2. "Editor Preferences > Level Editor > Miscellaneous > Editing > Update Navigation Automatically (I have off when doing a lot of terrain sculpting/object layout, but turn On if you want the navigation to auto-update when making changes to the level in the editor).
  3. There are also some settings in “Level > Settings > World Settings > World > Navigation System Config” (I haven’t really played with these, but make sure “Auto Spawn Missing Nav Data” is On.
  4. Also "World Outliner > RecastNavMesh > Details > Runtime > Rebuild on Load (would probably want this off if you don’t want it to rebuild each time you open the level)…

I’ve found it can be a bit tricky with NavData sometimes with all these settings (I think for some of them - especially the project/editor settings you may possibly have to close and reopen the project for them to take effect)…

But its definitely possible to build and save the NavData so its there prebuilt when you reopen the level…