Build HLOD Actor Folder Error

While building HLOD, several warnings will pop up, many of which do not appear to be warnings, but rather, basic information regarding the process.

However, one warning appears fixable, as it pertains to several static meshes within the scene, each of which must always be saved each time before the -Build HLOD- command will run. (These static meshes should only be saved once unless altered from what I have read in the documentation).

The error occurs for each and every object prior saved, all containing the similar line
ā€œLogLevel: Warning: Actor folder FB8DDB5C~ for actor SM_StaticMesh_Bluepint_C_1 encountered when not using actor foldersā€.

What causes the ā€˜Actor Folderā€™ error and how can it be fixed?

3 Likes

Having the same issue here

Same warning here, I see the warning while playing in PIE, and when it happens some blueprint actors just disappear. Iā€™m using UE5.1, anyone knows a fix or explanation for this?

Same issue. God I wish Epic actually cared enough to answer questions here on the forums. So sick and tired of searching for an issue, finding it here, and then see that others have been having it for years with no answers. Epic, you can do better.

Hello everybody, this issue happened to me after creating a BP_Character to place in the game as AI.
I had no clue of which could have been the origin of this problem until iā€™ve performed some ā€œBuildsā€ action, the Landscape build in particular. Of course Landscape build gave me a more detailed error and iā€™ve found this :

LS_AI_GuardBP_4_C_UAID_04421A985BFF2A9E01_1544327402 Static mesh actor has NULL StaticMesh property

Iā€™ve clicked in the ā€œdocsā€ button inside the log window and iā€™ve found this could be the only solution. Your case may be different a bit, but i believe that building some of the Levels could give you more informations about the actor causing this.

I really donā€™t know what to think about the connection between a Static Mesh Actor and those characters tho.

[Static Mesh Actor] : Static Mesh Actor has NULL StaticMesh property

This warning is caused when there is a Static Mesh Actor in a level with a NULL StaticMesh property. This can be a problem because the Actor exists and is using memory, but does not have a Static Mesh to actually draw. This warning is usually the result of creating a StaticMesh Actor without first selecting a StaticMesh in the generic browser. This warning can be fixed by first selecting a Static Mesh in the generic browser and then going to the StaticMesh Actorā€™s Property Window->StaticMeshActor Category->StaticMeshComponent->StaticMeshComponent Category to set the ā€˜StaticMeshā€™ Property.