Build errors?

Hello,

So I followed the FPS Tutorials steps, but when I try to build the first time, with only they debug message I get errors. I have no idea why it won’t work.

This is the error I’m getting:

1>------ Build started: Project: FPSProject, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1> Parsing headers for FPSProjectEditor
1> Code generation finished for FPSProjectEditor and took 2,799
1> rc.exe FPSProject.rc
1> PCH.FPSProject.FPSProject.h.cpp
1> FPSGameMode.cpp
1> FPSProject.cpp
1> link.exe UE4Editor-FPSProject.dll
1> Creating library D:\Projects\Games\UE4\FPSProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\FPSProjectEditor\Development\UE4Editor-FPSProject.lib and object D:\Projects\Games\UE4\FPSProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\FPSProjectEditor\Development\UE4Editor-FPSProject.exp
1>FPSGameMode.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl AFPSGameMode::BeginPlay(void)” (?BeginPlay@AFPSGameMode@@UEAAXXZ)
1>D:\Projects\Games\UE4\FPSProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-FPSProject.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Projects\Games\UE4\FPSProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-FPSProject.dll
1> Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0,00 building projects, 26,47 compiling, 0,00 creating app bundles, 0,00 generating debug info, 0,38 linking, 0,00 other
1> UBT execution time: 33,45 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “C:\C_Software\Game_Engines\Unreal_Engine_4\4.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat FPSProjectEditor Win64 Development “D:\Projects\Games\UE4\FPSProject\FPSProject.uproject” -rocket” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So two questions.

1. Is there a DLL I need to move from somewhere, or is there something else that is wrong?

2. My Visual 2013 Express gives me no suggestions for anything. Not even when using the pointer “GEngine”. Do I need to set up Visual differently? I followed the guide to set up Visual as well, but still nothing of that works.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tobias,

If you haven’t already, please post this to theanswers.unrealengine.com/index.html so we can better assist you!

Thank you,