Bugs with the tutorials?

I’m not sure where to post this, so here’s where it’s going for now. Mods, if there’s a better place, please move it.

Hey everyone, my first post! Full-time musician here and figured I’d learn a new outlet for my skills since all my gigs are currently dried up. A friend of mine, who was involved in development of the new UE release has urged me to learn UE for more work opportunities, so here I am. But, getting started with it and the learning page has been frustrating.

Firstly, with the tutorials, the information under each video only gives the code for the project files needed to follow along, but didn’t link or explain where to paste said codes. I had to google “Unreal Marketplace Codes” to find the proper page. This might need a fix?

Also, I’m guessing this has to do with a recent update of UE 4, but I cannot install the project file from Epic. It prompts me to choose the version of Epic to open it (4.24 or 4.23), and I guess since I’m running 4.25, it’s coming up as incompatible, and will not install the project.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

So, it turns out I learned a few things:

1.) Friend linked me directly to the sound design tutorial, so I inadvertently skipped a lot of basic learning steps. Starting with the “getting started” tutorials now.
2.) The default project name for the first sound design tutorial (604 - Ambient and Procedure) cannot be opened by UE, until the dash is deleted and the filename begins with a letter.
3.) Still don’t really see any walkthrough on how to redeem codes, but maybe I haven’t gotten there yet.