[BUG] Wrong Display Size

I am either using “Get viewport size” or output variables from “Event Recieve Draw HUD” in blueprint to get X and Y of current screen. I am using that variables to position menu items. Y is always a problem. i am getting 1325 as maximum for Y even thought i set resolution to 1560x1440. It works for all resoluton where Y is lower that 1326.

Why does Y reports wrong numbers?

Mac version of engine 4.2.1.

Side note: All Y velues under 1300 gets +25 to Y. So if i set 800x600 i get report as 800x625. I geuss that 25 is tool bar but, tool bar should not be part of viewport. SO bacicly maximum values Y can have is 1300 + 25.

Hi wmbuRn -

Have you tried to hook up a Print String node to Y value and then Play in stand alone game (not Play-In_Editor) to see if Y value is returning an incorrect value. It should be returning actual measurement of your viewport’s height.

Try print string and let me know -

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric, I got values that way. Also set breakpoint and watch values. Same results

Hi wmbuRn -

We are still exploring your report and so far have not been able to reproduce this error in house. When you use engine “default” screen size for new viewport or Standalone game of 1280x720 do you get a Y value returned at 745?

Let us know as we continue to investigate -

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

As for maximum of 1325, i think that is MAC maximum resolution, since no window can cover dock. With 1280x720 i recieve exact (correct) resolution. No +25 on Y

Hey wmbuRn,

Can you tell me your system specs? You can find this in Apple menu under About This Mac > More Info.

And just to clarify, are you seeing this happen when you Play in Editor, Play in New Editor Window, or Play Standalone Game? Or all of them?

Thanks!

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Happends in all of them. Dont know what happened, i was getting wrong results of Y, now its correct (except for max Y being 1325, which i think its mac maximum becouse of dock)

That is unusual. Please let us know if it happens again and if you’re able to narrow down what might be causing it. Thanks!