bug with automaterial showing different colored squares where the layers should be

everytime i use my automaterial on a map or project this happens and different colors show up how can I solve this problem in unreal 5?

did ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem with Runtime Virtual Textures and I just can’t find any fix for this

Its probably either a badly made auto material or some issue with the way the VT is being saved/used to render.

Chances are the VT is mostly the issue on something like this.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, strange thing is that it’s the same Material that I used in a working level. I just migrated the broken Level over to another Project and it works fine there, it seems like anything new I do concerning runtime virtual Textures is broken in my old project.

So, I narrowed it down to the Runtime Virtual Texture Asset, that shows the map from above. Everything seems to work fine with RVTs that have already been created by others, but when I create one with the same settings or even copy working ones in my Project it won’t work at all. Maybe something is corrupt in my UE 5.2 installation.