BUG:When Playing Op Movie,Close the Engine By Click TaskBar Cant Stop The Game,Just Playing Background

I think it just close graphic engine,the media decoder thread didn’t get a quit message .
the movie will go on playing,just cant see it.i can hear the sound.and in taskmgr.

Hi YanYuHongChen,

When you say playing a movie do you mean that you are trying to record (from Matinee) or are you playing in Stand-alone Mode?

If you are in Stand-alone Mode or making a movie you should be able to hit the ~ key to pull up your Console Command and type Quit to exit that mode. You should also be able to close the window from the Taskbar or from inside Task Manager.

not that movie . I mean the opening CG movie.
when it is playing. I Close Engine By R-Click taskbar.The Window closed.But the player thread didnt.i still heard movie’s sound.

Is this movie part of your game?

Or are you trying to play a movie in a different program while the editor is running?

part of game

Are you using one of our Content Examples or a personal project?

Just to make sure I have your steps down correctly.

1. Start the editor and load the Project.
  2. Hit Play to play your game.
  3. The opening Cinematic movie starts to play.
  4. Close the editor in the Task Bar.

Result: The sound will continue to play.

Also, are you using a PC or a Mac?

yes…and my os is Windows 7 64bit

I haven’t been able to reproduce your issue yet.

Could you post a copy of you dxdiag? You can find it by typing dxdiag into the Windows Start search area.

Could you also try to reproduce this in another project? I am using the Stylized Demo.

When using Windows 7, once the movie starts to play I have to hit the Windows button or Alt+Tab to access the Start Menu. Once I do the sound stops because I’m technically no longer in the program. If I do close the Standalone Game and go back to UE4 I don’t here any sound playing.

Hi YanYuHongChen,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with additional information.

Thanks, TJ