[BUG] The editor hide the taskbar

Bug Report:

Build version: 1623704

Install Path: C:\UDK\\Rocket\

Specs: Win 7 x64, 16 GB, GTX 470 (Drivers 301.42), UAC off

Description : The Editor seems like having a rendering priority on my Windows 7 which blocks the possibility to show the taskbar if it is currently hidden. I have to press the “Windows” key on my keyboard to show it up.
Currently the Editor is on the top and only show me the resize cursor instead of showing the Windows’ taskbar.

Repro Steps : Enable the automatic hide of the taskbar in the Windows preferences, open the editor, move the mouse to the bottom of the screen.

Expected : Moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen should show the taskbar.

Hello Fabrice,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my build and am going to enter it into our bug database. Thank you very much for this report and make sure to report anything else you notice.

-Alexander

Thanks, I also noticed that when you keep the import dialog open (when importing something like a mesh) it stays on top on all the screens, so I can’t select an other app (like the explorer). Until I open the start menu or use alt+tab.

Hey Fabrice,

I talked to some people and that is intended because that window is supposed to be used immediately. It should stop you from using the editor while open.

Ha, I see, I was confused because the editor doesn’t refresh its render when the import dialog is open, so the windows I put on top stays visible while they are not in fact (when I switch back to the editor).

Hope the taskbar thing gets sorted soon. It really slows down productivity (having to use Alt/Tab or minimise) I have my taskbar auto-hidden/pop up and have for years to maximise screen space so this is important to people like me.

thanks

STILL hoping this gets sorted soon. This was in march and still happening now! It’s the only program on my system that behaves this way and feels very clunky because of it. Unhiding my taskbar is not an option.

Hello,

This is a question from the beta version of the engine. We are marking this answered for tracking purposes. If you are experiencing an issue similar to this please post a new question.

Thank you.