Bug? TextRender not updating after SetText

I see there have been several others that have run into related issues with this. I am updating (trying to, at least) the text of a TextRender component in a blueprint on an event. Event fires and calls the SetText, but the text of the TextRender component does not update. Perhaps related to this (wow, pretty old issue): Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-21286)

Anyone have any insight into how to fix this? I’m changing it at runtime, so renaming it or duplicating it or any other hack isn’t very ideal.

Just gave it a quick test and it seems to be working fine straight out of the box. Is there anything special about your setup? Would you mind posting a screenshot of how you implemented it?

Never encountered anything strange with TextRender > SetText before. I’d lean towards believing there’s something not right about firing that event rather than the text render itself.

The event fires fine- that wasn’t the issue. But, I apparently did have something weird with my set up. I don’t have a backup of my previous version, and I’ve since fixed it. However, I do remember that I had set it up an with int that was being converted to text on the event firing.

My new set up, I am pulling off a string, then going to text, and it seems to be working fine. I just did a test going from an int to text, firing off the SetText, and it works fine. 'Tis a mystery now, but I agree that I likely did something dorky on my end!

[edit]
Actually, just figured out what I did wrong. That variable that I was converting to text, was being set AFTER the event I was broadcasting was fired, so it only seemed like the text wasn’t updated. I changed the order of variables being set and event being broadcast, and it works perfectly. Just me being a dork!