[BUG]Spline Point Translation Generates Additional Points

Recently I have been playing with splines to create walkable tunnels. I was looking for a way to smooth/level consecutive points and I ran across some odd behavior.

In Blueprints, I have extracted the world position from each spline point and output it into an array. This is how the spline looks when it is clean with only 16 spline points. But if I use the translate widget to move a point…

As you can see, the number of points in the array has jumped up to 159. If I reset the array, the points will revert back to 15. This array is being filled at the end of the constructions script. I am not sure if that has something to do with it or not, but it doesn’t seem right.

As a side note, this would not be necessary if there were a built in way to see the world position of each spline point in the editor. I can’t for the life of me understand why that isn’t there.

Hi RAVaught,

Could you provide some screenshots showing how you are setting up the spline and adding to the array? Or create a small test project that shows the issue?

Hey TJ,

Thanks for the quick response. This bug wsa actually introduced by me being an idiot. :stuck_out_tongue: I had used an Array>Add node instead of an Array>Set Element node. Using set element, this does not occur. I am marking this resolved.

Tony

Not a bug. Caused by BCK error (between chair and keyboard)