Can be reproduced in blank project (4.17.1 Launcher version).
Steps to reproduce:
- Open blank project no starter content.
- Create a simple widgets, one simple text box should do.
- Bind that text box’s visibility to a boolean that will: true > visible, false > collapsed.
- (optional) make a small loop that will switch the bools value every few seconds and print debug output so you can notice it change.
- Create and add widgets to viewport (level blueprint)
- Save everything and Play in Editor → should work fine at this point!
- Close the editor and reopen the project
- Reopen the level and watch your boolean toggle while the text box’s visibility always stays visible.