Bug Report - Select appears to check unselected input

Hi All,
Sorry if this has already been spotted but I have noticed a bug in the way the ‘select’ node is handled.
This is most apparent when using the select node to access an array of actors.

Description

It appear the ‘select’ node tries to access the values of options that are not being selected causing an error to appear in the messages log if some of the unselected options are null or outside of the array’s range.

“Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_selectArray’ from node: Print String in graph: EventGraph in object: selectArray with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Array_Get_Item”

Replication

My test graph is as follows

note: the variable ‘arrayOf4Objects’ is editable and has 4 basic actors referenced in the world.
Tried to replicate with Integer array but this didn’t cause the error (maybe because integers get initialized with a value so never appear as null???)

Impact
Low impact as does not appear to cause the blueprint to crash and it continues to execute as normal. However I have seen some questions referring to “Accessed none” which may be being caused by this bug and causing users to try and debug what on the face of it appears an acceptable blueprint.

Unsure if there is any minimal extra overhead with it apparently trying to access the additional data that it doesn’t need to access. Like I say, would have thought this impact would be minimal but don’t know how it could add up in large projects.

Workaround

Not necessarily needed as doesn’t seem to impact the execution of the blueprint however if you want to stop the error try and avoid getting an element of the array in the select statement
eg

Hope this is nice and clear to understand. If you need any further information please let me know.

Clarity